Ned Richards is most comfortable operating in the overlap of behavioral, humanistic, and interaction design principles.
“The world is yearning for more products and services that understand and empower the end-user. I’m passionate about integrating science and design as well blending evidence with anecdotes to develop technology that enables us to move beyond the conventional roles of the user–from prescriptive interaction patterns to active, creative empowerment.”
Utilizing an extensive background in market psychology, motion animation, and hardware and software design and development, Ned continually brings empathetic user-experiences to life.
- Created an interactive video game marketing product called FlashPlay™ utilizing behavioral-design principles in order to fulfill a guerrilla-style, social-network-based marketing campaign for the much anticipated Halo 2 Soundtrack Volume 1. His efforts played no small part in making Halo 2: Volume One the best- selling video game soundtrack of all time with sales of more than 100,000 copies, and peaking at the number 162 position of the Billboard 200, the first video game soundtrack to ever enter the chart.
- Behavioral design and development on marketing campaigns for leading video game developers and publishers including Microsoft Xbox, Sony, BioWare, Bungie Studios, Capcom, Eidos Interactive, Epic Games, Gearbox Software, Rare, SEGA, Silicon Knights, Sony Computer Entertainment and Ubisoft
- Infotainment solutions for NBC Universal’s London 2012 and Sochi 2014 Olympics coverage as well as the Biggest Loser franchise
- In the edutainment space, Ned created education and wellness solutions for NYTimes Best Selling author Johnathon Bailor
- Founded a chance-based gaming company in Las Vegas that provided guest incentives for Boyd Gaming, MGM and the Palms Resort and Casino; later acquired by Palms
- Global mentoring applications for the NFL and USA Football coaches