Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of a Senior Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical. In a Senior Interaction Designer role, you’ll develop information architecture for a variety of digital products while also leading those on your team to create better, more forward-thinking work. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from leading research and strategy to creating information architecture and interaction design. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and design rationale to our clients.
- Develop low fidelity and/or high fidelity storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Researching interaction design trends and technology trends.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- In depth knowledge of user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making and leadership skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Experience in designing usable mobile interfaces from pre- to post-launch (5-9 consumer apps launched).
- Portfolio to accompany resume.
- 5+ years experience in interactive design with a commercial software product company. In addition, a strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
- Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions—must have an intermediate understanding of major web analytics packages and SEO strategies.
- Experience in designing native interfaces for Android and iOS.
- Experience working on software projects using Agile methods and Agile processes.