Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll handle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing BLDG 25 products and features custom-built for an emerging market audience.
- Develop low fidelity and/or high fidelity storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Researching interaction design trends
- Researching technology trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique.
- Portfolio to accompany resume.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing usable mobile interfaces from pre- to post-launch (2-4 consumer apps launched).
- Experience in designing native interfaces for Android and iOS.
- Experience working on software projects using Agile methods and Agile processes.